This calm and gentle shore is located just a walk away from the shops on Front Street. Named Baby Beach because of its protective reef and placid waters, we adore this Maui portrait beach location — especially for those with little ones! Read on and we’ll highlight all the details that make Baby Beach the perfect spot for capturing lasting memories!
This Maui portrait beach location is ideal during morning hours. The ocean here is always calm, but during the day the water is so tranquil, it’s almost lake-like. It’s perfect for capturing moments of splashing in the sea or simply lounging on the golden sands.
Baby Beach has two unique sides. On the side nearest to Front Street, you’ll have a spectacular view of the diners and old Whaler’s locations. On the opposite end, there’s a cluster of towering palms and plumeria trees. If you’re seeking a Maui portrait beach location that offers a variety of backdrops, convenience, and is safe for children of all ages, then Baby Beach is the one for you!
Maui Portrait Beach Location Details
Located minutes away from Bubba Gumps and other Front Street eateries, Baby Beach is the perfect location for busy families. With little no waves or undertow, this shore is ideal for guests concerned about getting wet or have children who can’t resist dipping in the water.
- 5 minute walk from Front Street
- 15 minutes from Kaanapali
- 1 hour from Kihei area
Parking for this Maui portrait beach location can be found on Puunoa Place. Our photographer will meet you there and guide you through the side alley that leads to the shore. Accessing the beach is relatively easy for guests of all ages, but once you reach the shore, there’s no path leading from side to side — which means you may need to walk a little distance over the sand to reach certain areas.
- There are no bathrooms or showers where we shoot at Baby Beach. There are bathrooms just a quick drive away at Mala Boat Ramp.
- Molokai is easily seen on the horizon.
- This Maui portrait beach location is perfect for snorkeling or playing in the water with little ones.
- Mornings tend to be uncrowded, however, this beach tends to get busy in the later hours.
- Scheduling between Mondays and Fridays is a must. This is a very popular local hangout so we don’t ever recommend shooting here on the weekends!
Sunsets at Baby Beach in Lahaina often feature sailboats on the horizon! Located fairly close to the Lahaina Harbor, your images will almost certainly feature a boat or two… or eight!