Located on the North Shore, Baldwin Beach is a popular destination for visitors and locals alike. With a seemingly endless stretch of white sand and a spectacular view of the West Maui Mountains, Maui portrait locations don’t get much better than this. Follow along and we’ll explore what makes Baldwin Beach so unforgettable.
Why choose Baldwin Beach?
With a vivid blue ocean and a sky to match, the mornings at this Maui portrait location are simply jaw-dropping. This location is perfect for families who love to stomp and play in the sand or couples looking for a unique yet gorgeous backdrop to their special day.
Maui Portrait Location Details
This Maui portrait location is located just a stroll from Paia Town. Due to its Northern facing shore, the sun sets behind Puukukui Mountain range so you won’t be able to get images of the sun setting over the water. But don’t worry, sunsets tend to be subdued and offer their own unique beauty. After your session, consider taking a walk through the historic Paia Town and grabbing shave ice or a bite to eat.
- About 25-35 minutes from Kihei/Wailea
- About 1-1.5 hours from West Side
- No Travel Fee
With a large lot, there’s plenty of parking at this popular destination. Our photographer will meet you near the lifeguard stand and guide you to specific areas for the best lighting and backdrops.
- There are bathrooms at this location for quick outfit changes or for rinsing feet.
- This Maui portrait location can be pretty crowded on the weekends, so we usually recommend weekdays.
- Light misting rain is more common on this side than the west or south shores.
- During the later hours, the ocean shifts from aquamarine to a gorgeous teal.
- Waves here can vary from subtle to rolling.
As stated earlier, you won’t be able to see the sun setting along the horizon, but the sunsets here can still be breathtakingly beautiful!