One of the spectacular things about our job is that we get to meet the most amazing people — and we get to meet them at all of our favorite Maui portrait locations like Polo Beach! This locale is a beautiful stretch of white sand in the luxurious town of Wailea. Read on to find out why this beach is one of the best Maui portrait locations.
Polo Beach is a lovely Maui portrait location embellished with a handful of fun little details. From rock walls to glistening pools of still water, this beach offers a variety of backdrops that will make it seem as if you’ve traveled to multiple locales!
With a wide range of eateries and places to explore just minutes away, this Maui portrait location is perfect for adventurous couples or families with little ones.
Maui Portrait Location Details
Polo Beach sits in front of the Fairmont Kea Lani, which makes it especially convenient if you’re staying nearby.
- 45 min – 1 hr drive from Lahaina Town
- 1 hr – 1.5hr drive from Kaanapali
It’s easy to get to this Maui portrait location if you’re staying at the Kea Lani: simply follow the path straight down to the beach! If you’re coming from elsewhere, there’s a large beach parking lot where your photographer will be happy to meet you!
- Because this Maui portrait location sits in front of the Fairmont Kea Lani, it can be a little busy. But we’re experts at finding great spots that aren’t too crowded!
- There are bathrooms and showers on the property if you’re planning on an outfit change.
- During whale season, you might see a whale or two!
- There are plenty of lava rock formations for diverse and beautifully rugged shots!
- Polo Beach often has ponds of water in the embankment, making the perfect mirror for reflection shots!
Mornings at Polo Beach (pictured above) offer a bright blue sky and ocean while sunset sessions (pictured below) are softer and subdue and create more of a dreamy look.
Sunsets at Polo Beach are often vivid and breathtaking. Of course, there’s no guarantee, but if you’re hoping for a sunburst across the sky, betting on this Maui beach location is never a bad idea!