Southside Beach is one of our all-time favorite Maui portrait locations. With a long white sand beach speckled with rocks and palms, this beautiful locale offers a quintessential “Hawaii” look. Read on for a detailed look at this spectacular spot!
We’ve scouted only the best Maui portrait locations, so you can feel confident that your backdrops will be bursting with beauty and tropical vibes! Southside Beach features a rich variety of scenic selections, from luscious greenery to lava rocks, it’s not just the pristine ocean that brings the “wow” factor!
Maui Portrait Location Details
Southside Beach is located in the beautiful town of Wailea. Unlike many beaches at this prime spot, this Maui portrait location doesn’t sit in front of a hotel, so it’s typically less crowded.
- 5-10 minutes from Wailea
- 15-25 from Kihei
- 45min – 1.5 hour from the west side
- No travel fee
When you arrive at this Maui portrait location, you’ll park on the street, and your assigned photographer will meet you near the portable bathrooms. From there, your photographer will guide you along a short path through the trees and onto the beach.
- This Maui portrait location is not really wheelchair accessible, but with the right help it’s doable.
- Sometimes sea turtles will bask on the shore!
- Although Southside Beach is worth the drive, at times the traffic from the west side is intense, so we only suggest the travel if you have the time to spare.
- The water at Southside beach is often a vivid and deep sapphire.
- This beach features a beautiful embankment of lava rocks.
Although it’s always up to Mother Nature, sunsets at Southside Beach tend to be vivid or warm with lush pastels.