Po’olenalena Beach is one of those portrait locations on Maui that you have to see to believe. With glistening golden sand and vivid aquamarine waters, this beach has everything tropical dreams are made of! Keep reading for all the details on what makes Po’olenalena truly spectacular.
With lava rock embankments and leggy palms, there’s a backdrop for every vibe and mood. Situated on the south side, this shore rarely sees a rainy day, although it’s been known to have a rainbow… or two!
Poolenalena Beach Location Details
This portrait location on Maui is located in the heart of Wailea, just down the road from Gannon’s restaurant. With two unique sides to the shore, there’s sure to be a backdrop that’s perfect for you!
- 5 minutes from Wailea
- 1.5 hours from the Lahaina area
There’s plenty of parking in the unpaved parking lot. You can easily find the lot by taking a right turn off Makena Drive. Our photographer will meet you near the lot and guide you to the spots that will best showcase the vibe you’re going for. There’s plenty of variety at this portrait location on Maui, so let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll seek out perfect photo opportunities.
- This beach can get busy, but we’re usually able to find a fairly secluded spot.
- With plenty of greenery and rock formations, this portrait location on Maui is truly a gem!
- Sunsets here are often vivid and enchanting, with a perfect view of the sun setting into the horizon.
- A rustic forest offers unique backdrops for those seeking a more wild feel.
With gorgeous sunsets and vividly blue mornings, Po’olenalena is a Maui treasure! To see more of this gorgeous portrait location on Maui, click here. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
See our recent family portrait photography: All Toes in The Sand – The Stauntons’ Maui Family Portrait