Our list of favorite locations for Maui portraits just wouldn’t be complete without the epic scenery of Ironwoods! Rustic to the core, this beach is unparalleled in its striking backdrops. Keep reading for all the details on what makes Ironwoods beach a standout Maui portrait location!
After glancing over these photos, it may come as no surprise that Ironwoods Beach is one of our most popular locales. The towering cliffs and sweeping ocean views create dreamy shots worthy of a storybook.
Sunsets and afternoons are flooded with glowing light, making these prime times for dramatic and angelic shots. Locations for Maui portraits don’t get much more magical than this!
Ironwoods Location Details
Ironwoods is located in Kaanapali on the west side of Maui. The ocean here is pristine and a radiant blue.
- A 20-minute drive from Lahaina Town
- 1.5 hours from Wailea
Easily overlooked, the parking lot for Ironwoods Beach is on the small side, so we highly recommend carpooling if you’re traveling with a group. Your photographer will greet you in the lot and guide you to a beach access walkway. Like many locations for Maui portraits, comfortable shoes are a must for this rugged beach!
- Days can get windy, so keep your eye out for surfers and a hand on your hat! Consider an up-do or let your locks flow in the breeze!
- The island of Molokai can be seen in the backdrop.
- Rainbows will occasionally peep out from the clouds.
- Be prepared to fall in love with the epic cliffs!
Few things compare to the sunset at Ironwoods. With a sapphire sea and towering cliff sides, even rainy days will take your breath away.