If you’re looking for Maui beach portrait locations that highlight all of the beauty of the tropics, then look no further than Maluaka Beach! This Maui gem features a stretch of golden sands as far as the eye can see. Follow along and we’ll detail out what makes this spot truly spectacular!
We’ve hand-selected this Maui beach portrait location for its epic waters and beautiful greenery. Maluaka Beach has two unique sides with an abundance of backdrops. Because of the long, sweeping shore, we recommend choosing just one side of the beach for your portrait session.
The north side of Maluaka Beach is overflowing with leggy trees, lava rocks, and a panoramic view of the ocean! Depending on the tide, sometimes this side of the beach is quite rocky.
The south side of the beach features a grassy hill, rocky embankments, and a sweeping view of all of Maui!
When choosing a Maui beach portrait location, you really can’t go wrong with either side of Maluaka Beach.
Maui Beach Portrait Location Details
Maluaka Beach is in the Makena area of Maui. Beaches in this prime locale are often graced with rolling tides and churning seas.
- 10 minute drive from Wailea (Maybe less, depending on traffic)
- 1 – 1.5 hour drive from the west side.
If you select the northern side of Maluaka Beach, parking can be found on the street or in the small lot near Keawala`i church. If you park in the public lot it’s just a 3-5 minute walk to the beach.
Parking for the southern end can be found in a designated beach parking lot. From there, you’ll follow a sidewalk that leads to the sand.
Either way you’ll meet your photographer at the entrance to the beach.
- This Maui beach portrait location has public restrooms and shower stations.
- The islet of Molokini can be seen on the horizon.
- This beach can get popular during prime season, but we’re almost always able to find a semi-private spot.
- The ocean tends to be aquamarine.
- Maluaka Beach offers some of the most spectacular scenery. Keep scrolling for more!
Like all south side Maui beach portrait locations, sunsets here are often take-your-breath-away beautiful. Weather permitting, the sun will set in a fiery splash or a gentle hush of pastel.